If you’re considering removing a tree from your property, there are a few things you should keep in mind to ensure the process goes smoothly. From hiring a reputable tree removal company to getting the proper permits, this blog post will cover the top 10 tips you need to know for successful tree removal.
1. Hire a reputable tree removal services company: This is undoubtedly the most crucial tip. A reputable company will have the necessary insurance and licenses, and experience removing trees. Be sure to do your research and read online reviews before hiring anyone.
2. Get the proper permits: Depending on where you live, you may need a permit to remove a tree.
3. Choose the right time of year: The best time to remove a tree is during the dormant season, typically late fall/early winter. This is because the roots are less active and less likely to cause damage to your property.
4. Make a plan: Once you’ve decided to remove a tree, it’s essential to make a plan of action. This includes figuring out how you will remove the tree ( stump removal vs. grinding), what you will do with the debris, and how much it will cost.
5. Have realistic expectations: Don’t expect miracles – some trees are too big or close to buildings/utilities to be removed without damaging something. In these cases, it’s sometimes best to leave the tree and focus on other projects.
6. Consider alternatives: Before resorting to removal, try pruning or cabling first. These methods can often save a tree that would otherwise need to be removed.
7. Safety first: Always put safety first when removing a tree – wear protective gear, such as gloves, goggles, and hearing protection, and be sure to follow all safety guidelines provided by your chosen removal company.
8. Expect noise and mess: Removing a tree inevitably creates noise and debris, so be sure your neighbors are okay with it beforehand and have a plan for disposing of the waste afterward.
9.: Clean up afterward: Once the job is done, clean up any debris left behind.
10.: Check for underground utility lines: Always call 811 before starting any excavation project on your property.
Removing trees can be a big job – but with proper planning and execution, it can go smoothly! Just be sure to keep these tips in mind, and you’ll be well on your way to success.